Monday, December 27, 2010

Taking That First Cut -- The Wedding Dress Saga

You know how it feels.
Taking that first
cut
into
beautiful,
to-die-for,
expensive fabric
meant for a
beautiful,
to-die-for,
once-in-a-lifetime
dress.
One slip,
one miscut
can
bring a
grown
woman
to tears.
Lots of tears.
And then there would
be the bride
to
deal
with.
and then her
mother.

But I did it today.
or at least,
I cut out the lining.
I always work with the lining first,
adding the boning
and
doing the fine tuning
of the fit before I
tackle the
expensive
satin and lace.
But it's still enough to drive
a girl to chocolate.


Sew Happy,

I'm sharing my wedding dress experience with some of
the linky parties listed on my

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Congrats! It's scary enough for me to cut into cute flannel fabric, i'd be TERRIFIED to cut out WEDDING DRESS fabric!!! Can't wait to see the final product!

    I'd love for you to link this project up to my new linky party!
    http://littleeme.blogspot.com/2010/12/ok-now-that-i-have-tuted-your-turn-to.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and look forward to reading and enjoying them. Thanks for stopping by Stay Calm and Sew Something

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...