Monday, December 27, 2010

Taking That First Cut -- The Wedding Dress Saga

You know how it feels.
Taking that first
cut
into
beautiful,
to-die-for,
expensive fabric
meant for a
beautiful,
to-die-for,
once-in-a-lifetime
dress.
One slip,
one miscut
can
bring a
grown
woman
to tears.
Lots of tears.
And then there would
be the bride
to
deal
with.
and then her
mother.

But I did it today.
or at least,
I cut out the lining.
I always work with the lining first,
adding the boning
and
doing the fine tuning
of the fit before I
tackle the
expensive
satin and lace.
But it's still enough to drive
a girl to chocolate.


Sew Happy,

I'm sharing my wedding dress experience with some of
the linky parties listed on my

2 comments:

I love comments and look forward to reading and enjoying them. Thanks for stopping by Stay Calm and Sew Something

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...