Thursday, November 18, 2010

What I've Been Up To..Thanksgiving Table Runner and Sending Off a Son to The Army

Live has certainly been hectic lately! 
Yes siree. 
Where is November going? 
Is it really the 18th? 
Yipes! 
Well, just to record that I am
actually accomplishing
something,
here's my update on my doings so
far this week.  
 First and foremost, my son, Matt, has made a life decision
and has enlisted in the Army. 
he leaves for Boot Camp
Monday morning bright and early. 
He won't be with us for our
traditional Thanksgiving Dinner
on Thursday,
So
We planned a special Thanksgiving Dinner and had it
last night. 
I love, love, love having all my children
around me and
being able to enjoy the people
that they are becoming! 
It ranks right up there with Christmas morning! 
Here is Matt posing with the
cake
His sister and sister-in-law
made for him. 
It was yummy too. 
:)

This family dinner gave me the chance
to show off
my latest seasonal
dewing project. 
A table runner. 
Just simple
dtrips of fabric
dewn together,
machine quilted
snd bound together
in some of my favorite colors
of the season. 
Here's my table
sll dressed up Holiday Style. 
I'll do a tutorial after the Holidays on how I did it. 
Life's too busy right now. 
 I had a wonderful time
putting it together
knowing that it
would lay on
the table that
would bring my
family together. 
All of them
Together. 
Spouses, grandchildren
and significant others. 
Together. 
One.  Last.  Time. 
Before he leaves. 
Enjoy. 

Sew Happy,
I'm sharing this project with THESE LINKY PARTIES

6 comments:

  1. very nice runner and what a wonderful time to spend with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that runner! I love spending time with my family. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you must be both excited and scared for you son. He looks happy, though. Beautiful runner...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the runner looks great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the runner you made; it looks great. Thanks for sharing! Following you from Opsey Daisey's Thanksgiving Feast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! That is so neat that you had an early Thanksgiving dinner before your son left for boot camp. The table runner is gorgeous and will be full of happy memories!! Thanks for linking up to Oopsey Daisy's Thanksgiving feast!

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and look forward to reading and enjoying them. Thanks for stopping by Stay Calm and Sew Something

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...